Students at St. Ann Catholic School are avid readers both inside and outside of the classroom and use a variety of writing styles across subject areas. Our school has a leveled-reading library available for all grades and tracks student progress using STAR Reading Assessments. St. Ann Catholic School also has a One Book Summer Reading Program for upper block students and teachers.
St. Ann Catholic students:
- comprehend and evaluate complex texts across a range of types and disciplines.
- construct effective arguments and convey intricate or multifaceted information.
- establish a broad base of knowledge across a wide range of subject matter.
- respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline.
- cite specific evidence when offering an oral or written interpretation of a text.
- use technology and digital media strategically, efficiently, thoughtfully, and capably to enhance their reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language use.
- actively seek to understand the perspectives of other cultures through reading and listening.