Students at St. Ann Catholic School develop skills in mathematics from many sources beyond textbooks and homework assignments. Our students know that math is at work in science, in the arts, and in our everyday life. Every student at St. Ann Catholic School has an IXL Math account to practice skills at home and at school and Homework Help sessions after school. Our Upper Block students regularly participate in math contests sponsored by Catholic high schools.
St. Ann Catholic Students:
- make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- model with mathematics.
- use appropriate tools strategically, including measurement.
- attend to precision by calculating carefully, accurately, and efficiently and by using number sense.
- look for and make use of structure, including patterns.
- look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- use mental math and estimation to make predictions.