The Theme for 2013-14 is Alive in Christ! St. Ann students have many opportunities to show they are Alive in Christ by offering service to others.
- Every month our 1st graders visit the Good Shepherd Sisters who live at a nearby skilled nursing facility.
- When the weather gets cold the 2nd graders make “blessing bags” filled with personal care items. They keep these bags in their cars and give them out to people who approach their cars and ask for money.
- The 3rd graders sends love and prayers to the military by making and sending cards to the men and women overseas. 3rd graders also participates in Operation Sunscreen which sends personal care items to units in Afghanistan.
- The 4th graders have made new friends sending pen pal letters to the homebound St. Ann parishioners.
- The 5th grade sends sacramental cards to people in the parish.
- The Student Council is always busy sponsoring fundraisers for groups such as the Humane Society, the Leukemia Association and the family of our late teacher, John Weidmann.
- Every year the Art students create holiday cards that are given to the people living in Sabbath Manor, a neighboring home for the mentally ill.
- Each December the entire student body collects hundreds of pounds of food for the local Caritas food pantry. The students form a human chain and pass the food bags one by one from St. Ann to Caritas house down the street.
These are just a few examples of the opportunities students have to be Alive in Christ through service!